Devotional: 1 Timothy 4:12-16
I encourage you to read the following passage from 1 Timothy 4:12-16 and answer the questions below regarding what you read.
1 Timothy 4:12-16
12 Let no one despise your youth; instead, you should be an example to the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity. 13 Until I come, give your attention to public reading, exhortation, and teaching. 14 Do not neglect the gift that is in you; it was given to you through prophecy, with the laying on of hands by the council of elders. 15 Practice these things; be committed to them, so that your progress may be evident to all. 16 Pay close attention to your life and your teaching; persevere in these things, for by doing this you will save both yourself and your hearers.
1. What commands did Paul give Timothy in these verses?
2. What potential impact do you think these commands had on Timothy’s leadership?
3. What is one word or phrase in the passage that stood out to you the most? Why did that particular phrase stand out?
4. Take a look back at verses 15-16 – what can you learn from these 2 verses about the importance of staying committed to personal growth and self-leadership?
5. What is one action step you need to take to grow in the area of self-leadership?